The works carried out at CHYN are dedicated to the water and energy resources of the underground environment. They target multiple fundamental and applied aspects in operational hydrogeology, hydrodynamics, hydrochemistry, geochemistry, geothermal energy, geostatistics and mathematical modeling.
We offer a master degree in Hydrogeology and Geothermics at the University of Neuchâtel. Aspects related to prospecting and exploitation works, as well as to the characterization and protection of reservoirs constitute an important part of the program.
Particular emphasis is also placed on groundwater contamination processes, on diagnostic and remediation techniques for polluted sites and on the principles of extracting geothermal resources from shallow, medium and great depths.
Hydrogeology and geothermics benefit from a favourable situation on the job market, both in Switzerland and internationally. Graduates of the Hydrogeology/ Geothermics programme of the University of Neuchâtel are sought by groundwater engineering and consulting companies, by major water and energy suppliers, as well as by public administrations. Hydrogeologists are also frequently recruited by development and humanitarian organisations.
- Hydrological and hydrogeological processes
- Groundwater chemistry and microbiology
- Geodynamics, earthquake physics and geothermics
- Hydrogeological systems
- Engineering geology and geotechnics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Even though the deadline of April 30 has already passed, it is still possible to deposit a request for late admission until August 15
DisciplinesGeology Hydrology & Water Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The prerequisite for access to a Master program is a successfully completed Bachelor program in a related subject.
- A Bachelor degree obtained in a non-related subject and/or in a foreign country gives its holder access to Master programs under certain conditions. Further requirements may be asked (e.g. 30 or 60 additional ECTS before the Master program, additional studies during the Master program).
- For admission to specialized Master programs, the University sets additional requirements, equally applicable to all candidates.
International764 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 764 EUR per year during 24 months.
National498 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 498 EUR per year during 24 months.
The tuition fee for national students is 515 CHF per semester and for international (non-residents) is 790 CHF per semester.
Living costs for Neuchâtel
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.