The works carried out at CHYN are dedicated to the water and energy resources of the underground environment. They target multiple fundamental and applied aspects in operational hydrogeology, hydrodynamics, hydrochemistry, geochemistry, geothermal energy, geostatistics and mathematical modeling.
We offer a master degree in Hydrogeology and Geothermics at the University of Neuchâtel. Aspects related to prospecting and exploitation works, as well as to the characterization and protection of reservoirs constitute an important part of the program.
Particular emphasis is also placed on groundwater contamination processes, on diagnostic and remediation techniques for polluted sites and on the principles of extracting geothermal resources from shallow, medium and great depths.
- Hydrogeology and geothermal energy are currently enjoying favorable conditions on the Swiss and international labor market.
- People holding a Master in hydrogeology and geothermal energy are sought after by hydrogeology offices and consulting engineers, large companies supplying water and energy as well as public administrations.
- Hydrogeologists are also in great demand by development aid and humanitarian action organizations. This training can also open the way to a doctoral thesis.
More informationVisit official programme website
Structure of the training
- The courses, relatively intensive over three semesters, aim first to assimilate a wide range of fundamental knowledge, then to acquire more specific skills in hydrogeology and geothermal energy.
- The 4th semester is devoted to personal research work carried out within CHYN or in collaboration with an external organization.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGeology Hydrology & Water Management View 8 other Masters in Geology in Switzerland
- holder of a bachelor's degree in the same field of study as the planned master's: admission without preconditions
- holder of a bachelor's degree in a field of study slightly different from that of the planned master's:
- admission, with additional conditions : the student can start the master, but must complete a supplement to obtain the master's degree
- admission with prerequisites : the student must follow courses at the bachelor level, in principle for 30 to 60 ECTS credits, before the start of the master.
International1486 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 743 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA968 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 484 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.