Through the Dance interdisciplinary curriculum at Temple University, you’ll advance your artistic practice while interacting with cultural, political and social perspectives of dance. Graduates pursue careers in artistic direction and choreography, as well as dance administration, advocacy, entrepreneurship, research, writing and teaching in higher education.
- challenge your artistic viewpoints and directions;
- create, interpret, and present dance works;
- participate fully in choreographic research and production; and
- refine your critical thinking skills in relation to current discourses in dance.
You’ll acquire holistic knowledge of multiple perspectives in the field, engage with the evolving aesthetics and pedagogies of professional dance practices, and research your personal artistic qualities and style.
The curriculum is offered on a full-time or part-time basis, and it is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Dance. Coursework enables you to:
Upon completion of the Dance MFA program, you’ll better understand the role dance plays in your own life and in a pluralistic, global society. You’ll hone your skills as a choreographer and performing artist for professional careers in
- arts administration,
- higher education or
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Performance Environments I: Dance Production
- Educational Inquiry in Dance
- Graduate Seminar
- Research Methods in Dance
- The Creative Process and the Dance Symbol
- Corporeal Improvisation
- Movement Theater Workshop
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 319 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: In two pages or less, detail your focus and artistic vision in dance. The M.F.A. faculty reviews this document in relation to the audition, choreographic showing, and resume to determine your fit with the M.F.A. program and what the faculty can offer. Curiosity and openness are sought.
- Resume: A resume detailing experience in dance, art, education, scholarship, and/or public leadership is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International43740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 24 months.
National43740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State32850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.