The Dance research-centered, 30-credit graduate degree at Temple University prepares students for an array of professional dance opportunities. Graduates choreograph and perform in diverse settings, publish research, teach dance in all levels of education, and serve as arts administrators and policymakers.
Through experiential and theory-based coursework, as well as an in-depth thesis project, Dance MA students receive master’s-level professional development in dance creation, pedagogy, research and writing, and teaching. You’ll extend your practice and understanding of dance, both as a performing art and as a mode of inquiry and knowing. The Dance Department's mission places high value on the role of dance in a pluralistic, multicultural society.
Graduates perform and choreograph with companies throughout the world, teach at all levels of education, serve as arts administrators and policymakers for the arts, and publish extensively.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dancing the City
- Dancing Self in Community
- Embodied Craft
- Educating Dance
- Concepts of Culture
- Research Methods in Dance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 310 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: In three to five typed pages, address how your experience and education have prepared you for advanced study in dance and how the degree will support your professional goals.
- Resume: A current resume detailing experience in dance, art, education, scholarship, and/or public leadership is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International43740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 12 months.
National43740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State32850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.