The Building Surveying course at Sheffield Hallam University includes laboratory work, such as the preparation of traditional lath and plaster walls.
You’ll also work on projects which rely on data collection and analysis, cross-disciplinary knowledge and skills, team working and the development of new areas of expertise.
This course prepares you for a career in
- commercial building surveying
- residential building surveying
- property development
- building control / fire safety
- heritage and conservation
- loss adjusting
This course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Applied Research Methods And Dissertation
- Building Surveying Legal And Commercial Studies
- Economics And Market Context
- Evaluating Building Condition
- Property Law & Professional Context
- Sustainable Building Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 767 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- Minimum 2:2 degree or equivalent in any discipline.
- We welcome applications from candidates who may not meet the exact academic entry requirements but have significant relevant experience, on application you will be referred to our course leader, who will evaluate your experience, this may involve an informal conversation either in person or by other media.
- If English is not your first language you typically need an IELTS 6.0 overall score with a minimum of 5.5 in all other skills or equivalent.
International16385 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16385 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9910 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.