- Learn the key skills required for a range of building surveying professional roles.
- Develop practical and theoretical knowledge and critical understanding of relevant issues and subjects.
- Study topics including property law, economics and market context, sustainable development and refurbishment, evaluating building condition and commercial aspects of building development and management.
Gain the skills and knowledge necessary to become an effective professional surveyor. Accredited by The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and the Chartered Institute of Building, the course has a hands on-focus as you work with students from other disciplines including quantity surveying, construction project management and real estate.
This Building Surveying course from Sheffield Hallam University prepares you for a career in building surveying within which are many and varied career paths such as:
- property management
- development and refurbishment
- building control
- heritage and conservation
Previous graduates of this course have gone on to work for:
- The National Trust
- South Yorkshire Fire Service
- local authorities
- Reynolds Associates
- Malcolm Hollis
- Turner Townsend
- Bellway Homes
This course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Research Methods And Dissertation
- Building Surveying Legal And Commercial Studies
- Economics And Market Context
- Evaluating Building Condition
- Property Law & Professional Context
- Sustainable Building Technology
- Sustainable Development And Refurbishment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 270 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- Minimum 2:2 degree in any discipline or an equivalent professional qualification. You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam.
International13905 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13905 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9065 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9065 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.