It is conducted as a two year master's degree program with the option of a Double Degree in cooperation with the Wuhan University, China. ESPACE combines the technical aspects of the satellite and observation systems with scientific and commercial applications.
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
- The interdisciplinary Master of Science Program Earth Oriented Space Science and Technology from Technical University of Munich is positioned at the interface between space technology and the engineering and natural scientific use of satellite data.
- There is the possibility to graduate with a Double Degree from the Wuhan University in China.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The first two semesters are centered on basic skills in earth system science, remote sensing and navigation, mathematical and physics-based as well satellite technology, orbital mechanics and applied satellite usage. This way, students coming from a wide range of different bachelor’s programs are brought up to the same level of knowledge.
- In the third semester, students can choose one of the three focus areas earth systems science, remote sensing or navigation which is complemented by elective modules.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Earth Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 18 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 145 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 145 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.