Build competency around statistical analysis and financial theory with this master’s degree program, acquiring the knowledge to pass the many professional exams needed to become a credentialed associate or fellow. Develop the business acumen and the quantitative and qualitative skills to elevate your candidacy for positions at organizations including:
- consulting firms,
- government regulatory organizations,
- insurance companies and
- investment banks.
The Actuarial Science Master's program at Temple University is housed in the Department of Risk, Insurance, and Healthcare Management, which is designated as both a Center of Actuarial Excellence and a Global Center of Insurance Excellence. The program introduces and explores the full breadth of core actuarial concepts, including:
- valuation of certain and probabilistic cash flows (including life contingencies, financial derivatives and loss models);
- actuarial modeling techniques;
- insurance pricing and reserving (for both life/health/benefits and P&C insurance);
- data analytics and predictive modeling;
- business acumen, such as corporate finance, economics and accounting; and
- enterprise risk management.
Using complex statistical analysis, actuaries measure potential financial risks for an array of organizations, including health insurance, life insurance and property insurance companies. After determining the probability of undesirable events such as financial risk, actuaries recommend methods of avoiding or reducing the impact of those events. The actuarial arm of a company is essential to organizational growth and sustainability in any dynamic industry.
- Theory of Interest
- Actuarial Modeling
- Advanced Theory of Interest
- Actuarial Analytics
- Managing Human Capital
- Casualty Contingencies
- Corporate Finance for Actuarial Science
- 12 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Management Studies Actuarial Science View 1917 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Statement of Goals: Essay prompts can be found in the online application portal.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Resume: Current resume or CV is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International34950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1165 USD per credit during 12 months.
National34950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1165 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State34950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1165 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.