For ten years (205-2015) the European Union did support the Sustainable Development in Agriculture program from Montpellier SupAgro with a number of scholarships from the Erasmus Mundus programme. This support is now over but the MSc still continues: candidates are encouraged to apply for academic admission, while they look for scholarship by themselves in parralel.
General training objective : to graduate students able to cope with the current global/international concerns in agriculture and rural development, theoretically and practically, in order to:
- identify and critically analyse key factors shaping the development of crops, forests and animal production, the management of research and rural development projects and finally, the sustainable use of natural resources and the environment in villages, small regions, countries, economic communities of countries or the whole planet,
- formulate and provide effective and appropriate responses to complex agriculture and natural resources related problems carried by local stakeholders, their organisations or international aid institutions.
- Depending on the training track they choose, students may start their first year in Wageningen, Catania, Cork or Montpellier. They complete a first year there, then, still with regard to the training track they were selected for, they move to a second place of study which can be Catania, Copenhagen, Madrid or Montpellier.
- The M1 starts most generally end of August in Wageningen, while it starts only in early September in Montpellier or Cork and late September in Catania and Madrid.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Food Sciences Agriculture View 24 other Masters in Sustainable Development in France
- Bachelor of Sciences (180 ECTS) or equivalent in Agricultural sciences or a BA in Social Sciences if the candidate can demonstrate a particular interest for agriculture;
- Verified excellent quality of the institution where this last degree was obtained;
- Excellent academic background with marks identifying the candidate among the 20% best students of his former studies (1st class or 2nd class with honours);
- Strongly convincing letter of motivation and 2 letters of support from referees
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.