As a Master graduated from the Nanoscience programme from University of Jyväskylä you will
- master the concepts and phenomena of nanoscience
- apply wide interdisciplinary knowledge to solve forefront research problems
- manage projects in cross-disciplinary team
- evaluate the limitations and applications of nanoscientific methods
- communicate and present scientific results both verbally and in writing
Career opportunities for the graduates are typically in industry or academia. Many high-tech companies are interested in nanoscience and nanotechnology, since these fields are focused on applications and innovations. The research and product development in these companies requires more and more multidisciplinary experts. Depending your own study plan you will be qualified for many jobs for example in the health, biotechnology, space technology or chemical industry sector. In addition, the Master's programme provides excellent preparation for an academic career. You have plenty of choices to tune your degree for a specific academic research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Writing for Master's Students: Writing that Flows
- Seminar in nanoscience
- Practical course in nanoscience:Molecular Interactions
- Condensed matter physics
- Computational nanoscience
- Advanced courses in Physics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Chemistry Molecular Sciences View 14 other Masters in Chemistry in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree in science (physics, chemistry, molecular bioscience or nanoscience) from a university with an internationally recognized academic standing, or equivalent qualifications.
- The applicant submits hard copies of application attachments to the University of Jyväskylä Admission Services, as per instructions. Instructions on submitting attachments will be published on the University’s website before the beginning of the admission round.
- After the first phase, the highest-scoring applicants are invited to an interview, which is be conducted online.
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Jyväskylä
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.