As a result of COVID-19, this course is currently being offered via remote (online) study. Please enquire with UOW regarding delivery modes for future sessions.
You will study core subjects in Knowledge Engineering, Introduction to Health Informatics , Information Design and Content Management, and Concepts and Issues in Healthcare Computing.
Depending on your previous qualifications, you will complete subjects from either an Information Technology or Health specialisation. You will also complete a Professional Practice and Research Project.
On graduation of the Master of Health Informatics offered by the University of Wollongong you will be equipped to:
- develop national and state-wide strategies for departments of health;
- manage major health informatics projects within and between organisations;
- provide leadership in health informatics in public and private hospitals, with health system vendors, telecommunications providers and pharmaceutical companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Health Informatics
- Knowledge Engineering
- Concepts and Issues in Healthcare Computing
- Information Design and Content Management
- System Analysis
- Programming with Python
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Informatics View 5 other Masters in Health Informatics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Recognised Bachelor degree with an equivalent average mark of 60% in an area related to either information technology or health.
- CRICOS: 083828B
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33840 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 67680 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National32784 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 65568 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.