The objective of EMABG is to provide students ready to work for breeding organisations and research. The education is adapted to a European perspective to the demands of society. This means that students will be ready to work for European animal breeding organisations which are the world leaders with global market shares up to 90%. Furthermore, EMABG teaches students about the development of sustainable farm animal breeding.
Aims of the European Master in Animal Breeding and Genetics programme from Wageningen University and Research
- to offer quality higher education with a distinct European added value, attractive both within the European Union and beyond its borders;
- to encourage and enable highly qualified graduates and scholars from all over the world to obtain qualifications and/or experience in the European Union
- to improve accessibility and enhance the profile and visibility of higher education in the European Union.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Breeding programmes in low-income countries
- Biological and societal context of breeding
- Genomic selection and precise phenotypes
- Functional genomics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences Genetics View 21 other Masters in Genetics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
If you are interested in applying for the EMABG, please check if you meet the requirements below:
- Awarded Bachelor of Science Degree (min. 180 ECTS) in animal science. An equivalent degree from related fields, such as agricultural sciences, veterinary medicine, zoology, botany, microbiology or similar is also accepted, if basics of genetics or animal breeding knowledge is documented in the transcript of records.
- Language Proficiency: B2 in English except when English is your mother tongue or you completed an English-taught Bachelor-programme. If not, please provide one of the following documents: Official English test: IELTS 7.0 (with a minimum of 6.0 in the subscore “speaking”), internet-based TOEFL min. 92
- Application received before the end of the deadline
- Application form filled out in English
- Application containing all requested elements
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.