The European Master in Animal Breeding and Genetics programme from Wageningen University and Research is open for motivated students with a background (minimal BSc level) in Animal Sciences, Biology or related fields, who like to specialise in the field of Animal Breeding and Genetics. The 2-year master's course focuses on capacity building in animal breeding and genetics.
The EMABG course is offered jointly by five European universities with strong, complementary teaching and research in animal breeding and genetics. Students benefit from mobility between universities by studying in two host universities which gives them an international experience and enhances their international network.
The EMABG provides students ready to work for breeding organisations and research. The education is adapted to a European perspective to the demands of society. This means that students will be ready to work for European animal breeding organisations which are the world leaders with global market shares up to 90%. Furthermore, EMABG teaches students about the development of sustainable farm animal breeding. Graduates generally find positions in and outside Europe, in training, research or development in a wide range of organisations related to animal breeding and genetics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Breeding programmes in low-income countries
- Biological and societal context of breeding
- Genomic selection and precise phenotypes
- Functional genomics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences Genetics View 65 other Masters in Biology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you are interested in applying for the EMABG, please check if you meet the requirements below:
- Awarded Bachelor of Science Degree (min. 180 ECTS) in animal science. An equivalent degree from related fields, such as agricultural sciences, veterinary medicine, zoology, botany, microbiology or similar is also accepted, if basics of genetics or animal breeding knowledge is documented in the transcript of records.
- Application received before the end of the deadline
- Application form filled out in English
- Application containing all requested elements
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.