Europe 2020 strategy is strongly committed to addressing energy sustainability and climate change. Increasing energy efficiency and the production of renewable energy by 20% are two objectives that rely on electrical engineering solutions. But power systems will also lead advances in many other sectors.
Focused on developing structural analysis and innovation skills, the Electrical Engineering - Power Systems programme at the Polytechnic of Porto also covers entrepreneurship and project management skills, in order to ensure an integrated perspective of the technological, economic and environmental aspects that support more efficient, reliable and sustainable energy solutions.
- In recent years, students developed their final project in companies like EDP, Efacec, Magnetic Fields, Schmitt+Sohn, Siemens, Energaia and research groups such as GECAD, CISTER and CIETI, among others.
- Double degree protocols with the Polytechnic University of Madrid, Mackenzie Presbyterian University and Federal Technological University of Paraná.
- Partnership for joint thesis with the University of Deusto.
- Distributed Generation
- Optimisation and Decision Methods in Power Systems
- Power Systems Planning and Operation
- Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- Financial Analysis and Investment Management
- Special Electrical Machines
- Project Management
- Service Quality in Electrical Power Systems
- Special Electrical Installations
- Computer Applications in Power Systems
- Electrical Vehicles
- Intelligent Systems in Power Systems
- Enterprising and Innovation
- Energy Markets
- Integrated Management of Security, Quality and Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 5 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Graduates or legally equivalent degree or
- Bearers of foreign higher education degree granted after a study cycle organized according to the Bologna Process principles by one of the member states or
- Bearers of foreign higher education degree recognized as fulfilling the objectives of a 1st cycle degree by ISEP’s Technical-Scientific Council or
- Bearers of academic, scientific or professional curricula, which is recognized as attesting the capability to accomplish the 2nd cycle of studies by ISEP’s Technical-Scientific Council
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Porto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.