The Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Early Childhood Education offered by the Qatar University provides instruction and field based practicum for educators and other professionals committed to serving young children.
The goal of this program is to prepare educators to teach the curriculum necessary for independent schools in Qatar grades P-2. Accomplishment of this goal will require competent, motivated teachers who will prepare children to achieve educational goals at the highest international standards.
This program consists of 30 credit hours taught in 3 semesters. Classes are field-based, with students observing and practicing skills learned in the program courses.
The Early Childhood program at Qatar University seeks to become a leading program in the region which prepares highly qualified educators and other professionals in the field of early childhood to work with young children in a variety of settings. The Early Childhood Education Program plays a significant role in the “Education for a New Era” initiative launched by the State of Qatar, designed to create a modern world class public school system in the country. It is designed to prepare teachers who can work with young children in different contexts.
The Diploma in Early Childhood Education Program at Qatar University aims to prepare highly skilled, motivated teachers to teach in Qatar’s Independent Schools and who will prepare young children to achieve educational goals at the highest international standards.
This program seeks to support the vision of Qatar University by offering high quality, learning-centered education to candidates seeking teacher certification so that they may:
- Describe the implications for teaching and learning of the early childhood years.
- Incorporate knowledge about relationships among society, culture, and childhood into professional practice.
- Engage in teaching and assessment practices that promote deep learning for all children.
- Create programs for children that recognize the critical role of the family and community in children's lives.
- Display the highest standards of professionalism.
- Qatari Schools and Society
- Human Development and Learning
- Instructional Planning and Assessment
- Introduction to Special Education
- Management of the Instructional Environment
- Preschoolers and Learning
- Methods of Teaching in Early Childhood Education
All applicants to the Diploma in Early Childhood Education program who meet the following minimum criteria will be considered for admission to Qatar University:
- Completed a bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 from a university or college accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or equivalent in that country.
- Pass the personal interview.
- Successful completion of a discipline-specific content knowledge test.
- Successful completion of computer test with 70% at least.
- Essay (writing sample)
International10320 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 344 EUR per credit during 12 months.
National10320 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 344 EUR per credit during 12 months.
National and International Students: 1,500 QAR
Living costs for Doha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.