The Gulf Studies Program at Qatar University draws on an interdisciplinary curriculum to provide a holistic examination of the member states of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) as well as Iran, Iraq and Yemen.
This includes topics within the areas of politics, economics, history, literature, international relations, security, the energy industry, ecology and culture. Classes are taught by highly regarded expert faculty from the Gulf as well as International academics who specialize in the Gulf Studies field. The program paves the way for students to continue their academic pursuit in PhD in Gulf Studies, offered by the program itself or a PhD in related fields.
The MA in Gulf Studies Program also helps connect students to internship and assistantship opportunities on a competitive basis to gain work experience and off-set tuition costs, preparing students to excel in their future professional and academic pursuits. The two-year program consists of evening classes taught in English and is well suited for working professionals. Students interested in learning Arabic have the opportunity to take classes in Qatar University’s Arabic for Non-Native Speakers program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Research Methodology
- Contemporary History and Politics in the Gulf
- State and Society in the Gulf
- International Relations of the Gulf
- Political Economy of the Gulf
- Politics of the Gulf
- City and Society in the Gulf
- Human Rights and the Gulf State
- The Arabian Peninsula Literature and Culture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages View 3 other Masters in Languages in Qatar
All applicants to the Master of Arts in Gulf Studies program who meet the following minimum criteria will be considered for admission to Qatar University:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher received with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.8.
- Students must satisfy additional college/program specific admission requirements:
- All applicants to the Master of Art in Gulf Studies program who meet the following minimum criteria will be considered for admission to Qatar University:
- Completed a Bachelor degree with a grade point average of at least 2.80 out of 4.00, or equivalent, from a university or college accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or comparable in that country.
International495 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National495 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
- National and International Students: QR 2000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.