An important objective is the transfer of up-to-date techniques into practice under different technological conditions. The Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics programme of Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences is designed in particular for future decision-makers and senior engineers of information and land management projects, national authorities for mapping, photogrammetry, land consolidation, forestry, agriculture, environment, rural or urban planning.
The programme is characterized by its international outlook - lectures are held in English - and gives you the chance to study with benefits in an intercultural environment.
Since 1999 - more than 20 years experience in international education - the master programm Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics established a worldwide Alumni network of more than 500 successful graduates from 89 countries!
The Programme has also been supported by DAAD scholarships since the beginning and achieved excellent results in the DAAD evaluation!
Studying geoinformation or photogrammetry and remote sensing science will place our graduates into a top position of the international job market: the fields of geoinformation, photogrammetry and remote sensing are considered worldwide as part of the key markets. There is a big demand of well trained personal in industrial countries as well as emerging markets.
The following list gives some rough ideas about possible fields of occupation and career paths. The list is of course in no way complete! :
- National surveying services
- National mapping agencies
- Land reclassification authorities
- Cadastral authorities
- Forestry commissions
- Agricultural authorities
- Environmental monitoring offices
- GIS Companies
- Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Companies
- Urban planning offices
- Consulting for municipalities, public services providers, environmental agencies
- Development related organization
- Databases and Spatial Databases
- Sensors of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- Statistical Background
- Scientific Skills and Media Competence
- Project Analysis
- Digital Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Urban Planning View 23 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering, Geodesy, Geography, Agriculture, Forestry or corresponding degrees of other professions applying geodata or spatial related technologies
- English Language Verification of proficiency is required (e.g. by TOEFL 550 or equivalent proof)
- Professional Experience 2 years of competent experience are recommended
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.