There are many practical implications of insights from behavioural economics and the field is widely accepted to deliver a powerful, cost-effective approach to improving human welfare.
Commercial organisations have long known the limitations of individual decision making and routinely use this knowledge in their commercial practices.
A strong postgraduate education in behavioural economics will allow you to work in a variety of roles in the private or public sector that require a solid understanding of human behaviour.
A developed understanding of behavioural economics gives you a broad, real-world perspective to inform your professional interests and future ambitions.
The Behavioural Economics course at City, University of London is also an ideal pathway to a PhD in Economics or Psychology.
Our Behavioural Economics MSc can open various career pathways when you graduate.
- economic consultants undertaking marketing activities
- health economics consultants developing markets for products
- public policy specialists advising on the choice architecture of decision making
- political campaign and public relations specialists
- financial traders and risk assessors
- digital design consultants with behavioural expertise.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cognitive and Economic Science of Rational Choice
- Psychological Processes: Individual and Social
- Behavioural Research Methods: Design and Analysis
- Experimental Behavioural Science and Game Theory
- Cognitive Psychology and Decision Making
- Applied Econometrics and Psychological Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 536 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- At least an upper second class degree in Psychology, Economics or a related discipline (or equivalent in terms of professional qualifications). An equivalent qualification from an overseas university is acceptable. Selection is by application form, personal statement and references. It is not a prerequisite to have a background in Economics or Psychology.
- If you are applying with an overseas degree, the following is an indication of international equivalents of an upper second class degree from a UK institution
- If English is not your first language, you need to provide evidence of English proficiency.
International20700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National15390 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15390 GBP per year during 12 months.
Full-time per year
- UK: £15,390
- Overseas/EU: £20,700
- UK: £7,695
- Overseas/EU: £10,350
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.