The program is tailored to examine traditional Islamic knowledge and place such knowledge in the context of the challenges faced by modern society.
Islamic Studies is a discipline that is widely taught in universities across the world. However, the blended combination of specialties and research offered at HBKU is especially unique.
- The MA in Islamic Studies program covers Islamic knowledge sources and addresses the role they play in understanding pressing issues in the contemporary world.
The Master of Arts in Islamic Studies at Hamad Bin Khalifa University focuses on teaching the skills required to produce graduates with exceptional knowledge of Islam in the modern context and significant critical thinking.
- It develops graduates who can practice the values of moderation and gain an understanding of present- day challenges that have grown more complex as a result of pluralism and globalization.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Islamic Thought
- Islamic Ethics
- Qur’anic and Hadith Studies
- Sources and Methods of Research in Islamic Studies
- Contemporary Fiqh
- Contemporary Qur’anic Studies
- Comparative Religions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology Islamic Studies View 3 other Masters in Islamic Studies in Qatar
Applicants seeking admission to the Master of Arts in Islamic Studies should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. They must also have a strong undergraduate academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA or equivalent). Applicants who wish to pursue the Contemporary Fiqh or Contemporary Qur’anic Studies concentration should have a bachelor’s degree in Shari’a, Islamic Studies, or a related area.
- Applicants who intend to pursue a concentration in Comparative Religions or Islamic Civilization and Societies are required to submit an IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 79 to demonstrate their proficiency in English.
- Applicants who intend to pursue a concentration in Contemporary Fiqh or Contemporary Qur’anic Studies must demonstrate proficiency in Arabic through previous studies (e.g. completing an undergraduate degree in which the language of instruction was Arabic or by completing a proficiency examination offered by CIS).
International9888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19776 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National9888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19776 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
QAR 72,000 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.