This Game Art course from Sheffield Hallam University is aimed at creative graduates who want to develop their skills to work in the exciting area of real-time art and design. You will develop specialist skills to produce game ready art with the latest 3D software used within the industry.
All our courses are designed around a set of key principles based on engaging you with the world, collaborating with others, challenging you to think in new ways, and providing you with a supportive environment in which you can thrive.
The entire course, in terms of both content and approach, is geared towards turning you into an employable games artist within a vibrant national and international industry.
- This course prepares you for a career in the games industry.
- Creative Media Masters Project
- Creative Media Professional Practice Project
- Creative Media Research And Development Proposal
- Game Asset Development
- Game Design Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Video Games & Animation View 104 other Masters in Video Games & Animation in United Kingdom
- Typically you need a second class honours degree or above in a • traditional art or design • digital art • digital media • games design • multimedia or a related subject.
- We expect you to be artistic and motivated to produce high quality game art. You must also demonstrate that you have an appropriate level of skill in art or design by presenting previous work, show-reels or portfolios.
- Overseas applicants from countries whose first language is not English must normally produce evidence of competence in English. An IELTS score of 6.0 with 5.5 in all skills (or equivalent) is the standard for non-native speakers of English.
International16385 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16385 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9910 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.