Conflicts are everyday occurrences in people's lives, social groups and international relations. In all historic times, in all cultures, groups and countries, the quest for peace has been ongoing. Costs incurred because of conflicts are very high: human suffering, economic losses and moral degradation.
The efforts made by humankind to live in peace give us insight to accomplish real results, eliminate war, transform conflicts and manage them positively. This Crisis Management and Strategic Planning programme from Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) draws from this insight, systematises knowledge and presents it in an advanced and efficient educational manner.
Conflict resolution, transformation, mediation and management, studies and culture of peace are synonyms and they describe the scientific and multi-disciplinary approach of conflictology.
Practitioners and academics from prestigious universities and peace research institutes from different countries around the world get together in this virtual course that makes it possible, with the UOC's years' experience, for anyone, no matter where they live, to access this international master course and prepare for professional practice.
- to know the theory, its different approaches and the nature of contemporary conflicts
- to acquire skills of analysis and the ability to plan actions for peaceful interventions, both for the prevention of conflicts and for intervening during their development
- to learn techniques and strategies for intelligent non-violent intervention in conflict situations
- to access information and knowledge to be able to develop efficient intervention programmes and manage the quest for positive specific solutions
- to be able to lead and facilitate negotiation and mediation processes
- to transform the way to communicate both to prevent and to end conflicts
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conflict Analysis
- Conflict Resolution
- The Intercultural/Ethnic Conflict and the Management of Diversity
- Crisis Management
- Game Theory
- Gender Matters
- Mandate evaluation / Leadership and Strategic Planning
- Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMilitary Science International Relations Terrorism & Security View 10 other Masters in International Relations in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To gain entry to the programme, participants need to have an authenticated university qualification.
- The course material will be in English and the language used in class will also be English.
- Therefore, a command of English is required to follow this programme.
International6694 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6694 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6694 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6694 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.