This Aeronautical Engineering (Hons) course from City, University of London prepares you for a career in the global aerospace industry. You’ll develop in-depth engineering knowledge each year, putting it into practice through cross-disciplinary design projects at every stage of your studies.
- Learn about the design, analysis and testing of aeronautical and aerospace vehicles and associated technology
- Study in industry-standard specialist facilities including our flight deck, motion simulators, wind tunnels, fuel injection systems, formula car simulator and flight test course
- Prepare for professional practice in your final year, with an in-depth individual design project based on industrial needs
- Boost your employability with an optional 12-month professional placement - past hosts include Airbus, DHL, British Airways, EDF Energy
- Future-proof your skills with our focus on design innovation and sustainability
- Progress to a high-tech career in the airline and aircraft industries
- Shine at interview with practical examples to showcase your expertise, thanks to real-world projects throughout your studies
- Benefit from our industry connections and outstanding reputation as the first UK university offering aeronautic engineering.
CareerShape the future of travel with a rewarding career in aeronautical engineering.You'll be equipped with specialist expertise to find rewarding work in a variety of high-tech sectors, including:
- all areas of the aircraft and airline industry
- the automotive industry (including F1)
- renewable energy.
The degrees are accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and the Royal Aeronautical Society, providing a path for graduates to gain CEng status.
- Engineering Science
- Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Solid Mechanics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 92 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB (including Mathematics)
- 128 UCAS tariff points
- 31 points with 'Higher Level Mathematics at grade 6' OR 'Standard Level Mathematics at grade 7 AND Higher Level Physics/Biology/Chemistry at grade 6'
- A minimum of grade 4 (C) in English Language and Mathematics in addition to other outlined requirements.
International19380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19380 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.