The Computer Science (Online) programme offered by University of Hertfordshire focuses on problem solutions drawn from the subject discipline of your first degree, and to problems that are relevant to your chosen career.
Project-based, combining software development with programming, database management system, information system design, and data structure and algorithms.
The course is especially designed for graduates of numerate subjects other than computer science. It is mostly taught separately from the other courses. It intensively covers a broad range of the key principles and techniques of computer science. There is an emphasis on software development, in particular when applied to solving problems in other disciplines.
Why choose this course?
For more information about how online study works, funding and how to apply, please visit UH Online.
- One of a range of courses within our postgraduate Master's programme in Computer Science, this particular course provides you with a specialism in computer science and software development.
- You will develop knowledge and skills in the models, methodologies, measures and tools that can be employed in computer science and software development.
- Gain an internationally recognised master's degree from the UK's University of Hertfordshire.
- Flexible online learning allows you to fit study around your other commitments, without travel and accommodation costs.
- Taught by a highly regarded and long-established computer science department.
- Benefit from the same academic standards and quality control procedures as our equivalent on campus course.
The online Master's programme is designed to give graduates the up-to-date skills and knowledge sought after by employers, whether in business, industry, government or research. It can lead to a career in areas such as systems development, IT management, or the deployment of advanced applications in specific disciplines.
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- Enterprise Databases
- Information System Design
- Operation Systems and Networks
- Programming and Program Design
- Responsible Technology
- Computer Science Masters Project
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 25 other Masters in Software Engineering in United Kingdom
For admission to the MSc Computer Science (Online):
- You should have a recent good Honours Degree in a non-Computer Science subject combined with knowledge or experience of computing that goes beyond that of an end-user.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate sufficient competence in English to benefit from the Programme. This is normally demonstrated by recognised awards equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 6.0 Candidates who do not satisfy these requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Access to computer equipment with the following minimum specification.
International9600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9600 GBP per year during 12 months.
- £800 per 15 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.