Reasons to study:
- Study with professionals from the industry, including alumni of this course, who will share practice examples, give you tips on entering the industry and help you develop your network
- International Journalism degree offered at the University of Bedfordshire will help yuo explore career options in regional, national and transnational reporting, or as a political, economic and foreign correspondent as you develop into a rounded journalist capable of seeing the whole 'global' story
- Develop your resourcefulness and enterprise – with an ability to identify and pursue stories and to challenge, test and critique evidence, while adhering to ethical codes of conduct
- Gain first-hand knowledge, by visiting national and/or international news organisations such as Reuters and Bloomberg, as well as UK/EU parliaments; work on the University community radio station and student newspaper or gain experience with local and regional newspapers and radio stations
- Benefit from a degree that gives you relevant transferable skills in publishing, copywriting, public relations, in-house press office positions, teaching, sports journalism, media research and digital media production, or enable you to continue to an MPhil or PhD research degree.
How will this course enhance my career prospects?We will help you find your feet in the media industry. Successful graduates will share good and bad practice and help you network. Lecturers will draw on their experience, encouraging good working practices and localising bad ones. Professionals from the industry will watch you work, advise you on improvements, give you tips on getting into the industry and guest lecture. Trips are made to international news agencies, the UK Parliament, the EU Parliament and other relevant organisations.
- Final Project In International Journalism
- Journalism Practices Around The World
- Media And International Development
- Research Methods
- The Global Reporter
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 359 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
- To apply for a place on a postgraduate course (MA/MSc/MBA) at the University of Bedfordshire you should have a good first degree and the required English language qualification
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- For EU students the standard fee is £8,250 .
Living costs for Luton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.