Partnerships with local schools give you opportunities to put theory into practice on placements, supported by experienced teachers and academic staff as you develop the knowledge and skills to meet the national requirements for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
The University's Bedford campus is home to one of the largest education providers in the UK. In addition to offering University of Bedfordshire core PGCE places we work in close partnership schools and academy trusts to deliver School Direct routes into teaching.
Primary Education degree offered at the University of Bedfordshire is based on a long and established history of teacher education. We boast an impressive record for training teachers, and enjoy, in many cases, a 100 per cent graduate employment rate.
You will be trained across the 5-11 age range developing the skills and experience necessary to teach core and foundation subjects in a variety of ways. You will attend subject specific sessions, lectures and seminars designed to develop awareness and understanding of general professional issues, the content of the National Curriculum and practical issues such as lesson planning and assessment. You will also engage with relevant research literature and develop the skills of a reflective practitioner.
How will this course enhance my career prospects?
Local and national demand for University of Bedfordshire graduate teachers is high. Annual destination surveys show that 98% of graduate teachers will have secured teaching posts for the year of graduation.
The course is framed by a commitment to help you to develop the characteristics of a University of Bedfordshire graduate teacher. You will be challenged to explore theories of teaching and learning and to examine the implications of such theories for your own development. In doing this you will refine, form and reform your own principles, perspectives and values in relation to professional teaching practice.
- Professional Primary School Teacher
- The Professional Primary School Teacher
- The Reflective Primary School Teacher
- The Research Informed Professional Primary School Teacher*
- The curriculum specialist (Design and Technology)
- The curriculum specialist (Drama)
- The curriculum specialist (English)
- The curriculum specialist (Geography)
- The curriculum specialist (History)
- The curriculum specialist (Maths)
- The curriculum specialist (Music)
- The curiculum specialist (Physical Education)
- The curriculum specialist (Physics)
- The curriculum specialist (Religious Education)
- The Evidence Informed Curriculum Specialist
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Primary Education View 31 other Masters in Primary Education in United Kingdom
A completed application form signed by you (an electronic signature is fine)
- Copies of your official academic qualifications and certificates, including proof of your level of English Language
- A one-page personal statement. This should tell us why you want to study your chosen course.
- A copy of your current valid passport details
- Please submit copies of any UK Visa that you have held and any documentation relating to previous visa refusals from any country
International12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- For EU students the standard fee is £9,250.
Living costs for Bedford
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.