You will learn about the changes happening to the environment at different spatial scales and will develop your understanding of the concepts used to manage environmental change, from site-based project management to sustainable development.
You will also learn about the legal and economic context of the environment, exploring how the environment can be integrated into a range of policy sectors.
Each of the topics you cover will draw upon the latest scientific literature and teaching from leading academic researchers.
Reasons to study
- Study how the integration of environmental science, biotechnological methods and project management can help with the sustainable management of environmental, biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Explore the principles and methodologies of environmental biotechnology, and gain the ability to critically evaluate and identify technologies applicable for the sustainable management of global environmental change
- Environmental Management degree offered at the University of Bedfordshire will help you develop a systematic understanding and critical awareness of the biological, ecological and socio-economic drivers of global environmental change, and how these are inter-related
- Gain the ability to evaluate methods of managing environmental change at local and global levels, including legislative, voluntary and economic management
- Benefit from the opportunity to choose a career with environmental consultancies, biotechnological research organisations, and national and international government agencies and non-governmental bodies.
How will this course enhance my career prospects?Lecturing staff are actively engaged in scientific research, so our teaching and the course are directly informed by our research knowledge and activities.Many of the skills you will develop are applicable to professions away from the subject itself. The ability to research complex information, analyse data and write professional reports are highly valued and our students are encouraged to think about potential careers in a wide variety of sectors.
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Environmental Management And Sustainability
- Environmental Project Management
- Environmental Research Project
- Global Environmental Change
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Environmental Management View 1779 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
- To apply for a place on a postgraduate course (MA/MSc/MBA) at the University of Bedfordshire you should have a good first degree and the required English language qualification.
International13275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13275 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National7840 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- For EU students the standard fee is £7,840.
Living costs for Luton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.