Why choose this course?
- Study on a course designed to enable you to join a challenging and rewarding profession – becoming an effective and inspiring teacher who draws on broad subject specific knowledge and secure understanding of teaching and learning theories - with the knowledge and skills to lead learning and initiate change in educational settings
- Secondary Design and Technology degree offered at the University of Bedfordshire will help you explore your understanding of teaching and learning secondary design and technology, as you apply your subject knowledge and expertise to planning teaching and managing the classroom, and hone your skills of critical self-evaluation and improvement
- Develop your creativity and team-working skills, preparing you to influence and lead in educational settings and enhancing your own sense of independence
- Gain confidence in analysing the evidence of your own practical experience during placements in schools, informing your future actions as you evaluate the impact of applying theory to your teaching practice
- Benefit from a qualification that gives you recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), enabling you to gain employment in a school, with opportunities for continuous development through further study at MA/MSc, MPhil, PhD and EdD levels.
How will this course enhance my career prospects?Local and national demand for University of Bedfordshire graduate teachers is high. Annual destinations surveys show that 90% of graduate teachers will have secured full-time teaching posts to begin in the year of graduation, with a further 9% working in part-time teaching positions.The course is framed by a commitment to help you to develop the characteristics of a University of Bedfordshire graduate teacher. You will be challenged to explore theories of teaching and learning and to examine the implications of such theories for your own development.
- The curriculum specialist (Art and Design)
- The curriculum specialist (Biology)
- The curriculum specialist (Chemistry)
- The curriculum specialist (Design and Technology)
- The curriculum specialist (Drama)
- The curriculum specialist (English)
- The curriculum specialist (Geography)
- The curriculum specialist (History)
- The curriculum specialist (Maths)
- The curriculum specialist (Music)
- The curriculum specialist (Physical Education)
- The curriculum specialist (Physics)
- The curriculum specialist (Religious Education)
- The Evidence Informed Curriculum Specialist
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign General Engineering & Technology View 746 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bedfordshire and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
A completed application form signed by you (an electronic signature is fine)
- Copies of your official academic qualifications and certificates, including proof of your level of English Language
- A one-page personal statement. This should tell us why you want to study your chosen course.
- A copy of your current valid passport details
- Please submit copies of any UK Visa that you have held and any documentation relating to previous visa refusals from any country
International12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- For EU students the standard fee is £9,250.
Living costs for Bedford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.