Why choose this course?
- Study on Secondary English degree offered at the University of Bedfordshire, which is designed to enable you to join a challenging and rewarding profession – becoming an imaginative and inspiring teacher who draws on broad subject specific knowledge and secure understanding of teaching and learning theories - with the knowledge and skills to lead learning and initiate change in educational settings
- Explore your understanding of teaching and learning secondary English, as you apply your subject knowledge and expertise to planning and managing teaching literature, language, drama and media; honing your skills of critical self-evaluation and improvement
- Develop your creativity and team-working skills, preparing you to influence and lead in educational settings and enhancing your own sense of independence
- Gain confidence in analysing the evidence of your own practical experience during placements in schools, informing your future actions as you evaluate the impact of applying theory to your teaching practice
- Benefit from a qualification that gives you recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), enabling you to gain employment in a school, with opportunities for continuous development through further study at MA/MSc, MPhil, PhD and EdD levels.
- The University's Bedford campus is home to one of the largest education providers in the UK. We have well-established links with more than 500 schools across the Eastern Region which means that we are constantly at the forefront of educational developments. The quality of our provision is based on a long and established history of teacher education.
How will this course enhance my career prospects?Local and national demand for University of Bedfordshire graduate teachers is high. Annual destinations surveys show that 90% of graduate teachers will have secured full-time teaching posts to begin in the year of graduation, with a further 9% working in part-time teaching positions.The course is framed by a commitment to help you to develop the characteristics of a University of Bedfordshire graduate teacher. You will be challenged to explore theories of teaching and learning and to examine the implications of such theories for your own development.
- The Professional Teacher
- The Reflective Teacher
- The Research Informed Teacher
- The Subject Specialist (Secondary English)
- The curriculum specialist (Design and Technology)
- The curriculum specialist (Drama)
- The curriculum specialist (English)
- The curriculum specialist (Geography)
- The curriculum specialist (History)
- The curriculum specialist (Maths)
- The curriculum specialist (Music)
- The curiculum specialist (Physical Education)
- The curriculum specialist (Physics)
- The curriculum specialist (Religious Education)
- The Evidence Informed Curriculum Specialist
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 458 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
A completed application form signed by you (an electronic signature is fine)
- Copies of your official academic qualifications and certificates, including proof of your level of English Language
- A one-page personal statement. This should tell us why you want to study your chosen course.
- A copy of your current valid passport details
- Please submit copies of any UK Visa that you have held and any documentation relating to previous visa refusals from any country
International12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- For EU students the standard fee is £9,250.
Living costs for Bedford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.