Why choose this course?
- Study on a course designed to enable you to join a challenging and rewarding profession – becoming an effective and inspiring teacher who draws on broad subject specific knowledge and secure understanding of teaching and learning theories - with the knowledge and skills to lead learning and initiate change in educational settings
- Secondary Science with Biology degree offered at the University of Bedfordshire will help you explore your understanding of teaching and learning secondary science, as you apply your subject knowledge and expertise to planning teaching and managing the science classroom; honing your skills of critical self-evaluation and improvement
- Develop your creativity and team-working skills, preparing you to influence and lead in educational settings and enhancing your own sense of independence
- Gain confidence in analysing the evidence of your own practical experience during placements in schools, informing your future actions as you evaluate the impact of applying theory to your teaching practice
- Benefit from a qualification that gives you recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), enabling you to gain employment in a school, with opportunities for continuous development through further study at MA/MSc, MPhil, PhD and EdD levels.
How will this course enhance my career prospects?
The course is framed by a commitment to help you to develop the characteristics of a University of Bedfordshire graduate teacher. You will be challenged to explore theories of teaching and learning and to examine the implications of such theories for your own development.
On completion of the course you will have the appropriate attitude, knowledge, skills and understanding to meet the needs of the children’s and schools’ workforce agenda and to lead learning and initiate change in educational settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Professional Teacher
- The Reflective Teacher
- The Research Informed Teacher
- The Subject Specialist (Secondary Science with Biology)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Teaching View 398 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
- English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Maths GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- You must possess a minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent in the subject for which you are applying to teach or a degree of which at least 50% is in that subject
International12650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12650 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- For EU students the standard fee is £9,250.
Living costs for Bedford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.