Its modular structure allows you to personalise your choice of units and progress at a pace that best suits you, with a final phase focused on educational research via a dissertation.
Education (Special Educational Needs) degree offered at the University of Bedfordshire engages you with key issues in education and aims to encourage your evidence-based practice, as you make direct and meaningful connections between the course and your own experiences and aspirations.
The course helps you to broaden your knowledge educational ideas and research findings, as you identify and justify recommendations for further action. This places you in a better position to develop your work as a classroom practitioner or school leader.
Why choose this course?
- Study on a modular course designed for professionals in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), that allows you to accumulate credit at a pace that suits you, with assessments based around needs specific to your role in your educational organisation
- Explore the process of teaching, learning support and/or educational leadership, focusing on personal, academic and vocational interests relevant to your educational context
- Develop your understanding of assessment formats with a negotiated focus in support of both individual and organisational needs
- Gain from undertaking primary research that informs your current practice, as well as acquiring the necessary research skills to engage in future research and progress to a PhD or EdD programme
- Benefit from a course that provides a clear progression route following completion of your Initial Teacher Education (ITE) course, develops both you and the organisation within which you work and could be used as the basis for further study at doctoral level (PhD and EdD).
How will this course enhance my career prospects?This Master’s qualification will enhance your chances for promotion and for employment in other contexts. Master’s study supports promotion to senior positions in the field of education.The course is designed to help you engage, study and critique key issues in education as well as to be able to identify and justify recommendations for further action.As a Master’s graduate, therefore, you will have the confidence, knowledge and critical skills to prepare and present a strong application to senior posts in the field of education.
- The curriculum specialist (Art and Design)
- The curriculum specialist (Biology)
- The curriculum specialist (Chemistry)
- The curriculum specialist (Design and Technology)
- The curriculum specialist (Drama)
- The curriculum specialist (English)
- The curriculum specialist (Geography)
- The curriculum specialist (History)
- The curriculum specialist (Maths)
- The curriculum specialist (Music)
- The curriculum specialist (Physical Education)
- The curriculum specialist (Physics)
- The curriculum specialist (Religious Education)
- The Evidence Informed Curriculum Specialist
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 739 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
A completed application form signed by you (an electronic signature is fine)
- Copies of your official academic qualifications and certificates, including proof of your level of English Language
- A one-page personal statement. This should tell us why you want to study your chosen course.
- A copy of your current valid passport details
- Please submit copies of any UK Visa that you have held and any documentation relating to previous visa refusals from any country
International5416 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16250 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National2750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
- For UK/EU students the standard fee is £8,250 per year.
- For International students the standard fee is per 2 years.
Living costs for Bedford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.