This Medical Biology program is oriented exclusively toward graduates of degree courses in human medicine, veterinary medicine or dentistry.
As a rule this course is undertaken by candidates who have already completed studies in medicine. Admission to the program is possible up to 3 years following completion of medical studies.
The Master’s course in Medical Biology is classified under the Faculty of Science and includes course and research offerings of the Faculty of Science, the Faculty of Medicine and the ETH Zurich.
Such research can focus on a wide array of topics, such as the origins, development and progression of diseases as well as their prevention, recognition and treatment, and often involves patient-oriented clinical research.
The program’s objective is to empower students to implement their scientific knowledge in disease- and patient-oriented research.
This master’s program from University of Zurich allows particularly talented medical graduates who are interested in the natural sciences to acquire additional education in biology, so as to prepare them for research in medical or veterenary fields.
- Experimental Biochemistry (Master course Medical Biology)
- Advanced methods in genomic and cellular manipulation
- Genome modification in the mouse
- Cell Death, Inflammation and Imm
- Research Ethics for Life Scientists
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Human Medicine View 10 other Masters in Human Medicine in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Must have completed Bachelor’s studies in human medicine, veterinary medicine or dentistry; the course is open to students of all nationalities.
- Selection of candidates is carried out by the Interfaculty MD-PhD Commission (IMPC) and include examination scores during medical Bachelor’s or Master’s studies and interviews with two members of the IMPC.
- In the interview candidates’ prior knowledge of and interest in basic scientific research are determined.
- At the time of application, applicants must have already received confirmation of a position in a host institution in which to conduct the Master’s dissertation.
International1312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 656 EUR per semester during 18 months.
National1312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 656 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- Tuition fee is 720 CHF per semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.