Strong primary care requires competent family doctors who are forward-thinking and keen to develop new relationships with patients and other health professionals in primary and secondary care. To address global population health challenges, and expand primary care for patients worldwide, the University of Nicosia (UNIC) Medical School offers a Postgraduate Diploma and MSc in Family Medicine delivered online.
It is a structured continuing professional development programme for physicians working as Family Doctors or in the community with a specialist role in internal medicine, paediatrics, or gynaecology.
Why Study Family Medicine?
This Family Medicine programme from University of Nicosia was reported in the British Journal of General Practice, May 2019 (Vol. 69 Issue 682), a leading international journal for family doctors. It describes the development and unique contribution the programme makes to family medicine on the world stage
With the rise of chronic diseases, these diseases cannot be prevented or managed without people-centred primary care. Data reveals, family doctors can manage 95% of the health problems while absorbing only 5% of the national health budget. World Health Organization (WHO)
With an aging population the jobs related to healthcare services are projected to grow more than any of the other occupational groups with a projected growth rate of 14 percent from 2018-2028, significantly higher growth rate than average for all occupations, adding about 1.9 million new jobs. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication and Consultation Skills in Primary Care
- Evidence-based Practice in Family Medicine
- Managing Adults’ Common Diseases and Multi-Morbidity in Primary Care
- Common Musculoskeletal Conditions in Primary Care
- Mental Health in Primary Care
- Acute Serious Illnesses and Traumatic Conditions in Primary Care
- Women’s Health
- Paediatrics and Child Health Surveillance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A medical degree granted by an institution recognised in the country where it is offered.
- Evidence of current registration with the relevant medical council.
- You must be involved in clinical practice throughout the duration of your enrolment in the programme.
- Two (2) professional reference letters.
- An interview either in person or through video conference, which assesses your professional ability and commitment, empathy, initiative and resilience, communication skills, organisational and problem-solving skills, and teamwork.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
All students applying for entry in Fall, will be awarded a 20% scholarship reducing tuition to €9,600 for the Post Graduate Diploma or €14,400.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.