Two concentrations are offered through this MA Architecture from University of Nicosia , which will give prospective students the opportunity to develop mature analytical and creative methods of working while redefining and extending their individual study areas.
Students may select between two concentrations:
- Sustainable Architecture
- Interior Architecture.
The principal objectives of the programme are for students:
- To build upon their existing disciplinary knowledge, examining, reviewing and developing progressive approaches to design within ever-changing social, environmental and economic contexts.
- To instill in future practitioners the knowledge and ability needed to design healthy, comfortable and secure environments that place a minimal strain on global resources.
- To provide a practical and scientific understanding of the impact of climate on design and to use of energy efficient design principles.
- To acquire a systematic understanding of knowledge and a critical awareness of current problems and new insights, much of which is at, or informed by, the forefront of their academic discipline, field of study, or area of professional practice.
- To investigate social and political processes and ramifications that are triggered by inhabitated and uninhabited environments, and their affect on our perception, attitude and actions.
- To be visually sensitive, socially aware, environmentally responsible, technically competent and with an appreciation for the arts and humanities.
- To be respectful and responsible to cultural roots and sensitive to human needs.
- Plan and bring to closure large-scale research and, therefore, to generate new knowledge and thus contribute to the further development of the sciences in sustainable design.
Students who complete successfully the master programme will be able to:
- Work in their chosen fields with higher knowledge and competency by applying values and principles of different aspects within their specialised field.
- Have a competitive edge in a more demanding job market and at the same time enhance their professional and/or academic skills for their future development.
- Be appointed in various departments/services of the Government or decision making bodies.
- Exercise an administrative and/or supervisory role in consulting units, private institutions of higher education or in research centres.
- Engage in research projects or research projects undertaken by either nonprofit (such as NGO) or profit institutes in the fields of either sustainable design or in their specialised field or work as Research Faculty Members in higher education institutions.
- Demonstrate self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems, and act autonomously in planning and implementing tasks at a professional or equivalent level.
- Continue to advance their knowledge and understanding, and to develop new skills to a high level and will have the qualities and transferable skills necessary for employment requiring: the exercise of initiative and personal responsibility; decision-making in complex and unpredictable situations; and the independent learning ability required for continuing professional development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contextual Analysis
- Critical Practices
- Ecological Thinking and the Built Environment
- Bioclimatic Architecture
- Advanced Integrated Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Application Deadlines for European and Local Students - Please call the Office of Admissions
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application Form
- A copy of your passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Academic Records (True copy of the original)
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Portfolio (for selected programmes of study)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.