More specifically, while the interest in digital currencies has skyrocketed in the past few years, academic institutions have been slow to implement academic programs that cover the need for educating specialists in the area, addressing it in its entirety (technical and financial aspects alike).
The programme fills this gap and positions the University of Nicosia at the forefront of academia in this area on a global scale.
The degree is offered online to students worldwide and the first course in the degree pathway, “DFIN-511: Introduction to Digital Currencies”, is available for free as an open enrollment MOOC course to anyone interested in learning more about the fundamental principles of digital currency.
The first class in the degree pathway, Introduction to Digital Currency, is available for free as an open enrollment, MOOC-like course, to anyone interested in learning more about the fundamental principles of digital currency.
The remaining 8 courses are offered at €1,600 per course, bringing the total tuition fees for the programme to €12,800.
Up to 40 scholarships are awarded to students achieving top marks in the final exam of DFIN-511. Each scholarship will correspond to a €3,200 award towards the full tuition fees.
This field offers very good career opportunities. Digital currencies is a field which is growing steadily around the world, and interest in such currencies is anticipated to continue strong. Thus, the global employment outlook is promising.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Digital Currency
- Open Financial Systems
- Regulation and Digital Currencies
- Money and Banking
- International Currency Markets
- Principles of Disruptive Innovation
- Cryptographic Systems Security
- Businesspeople / entrepreneurs
- Financial industry professionals – bankers, lawyers, accountants, auditors
- Development professionals: Social workers, NGOs, non-profits, development experts
- Regulatory officials/policy makers
- Computer scientists who aspire to managerial roles
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Computer Sciences View 5 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Cyprus
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application Form
- A copy of your passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Academic Records (True copy of the original)
- Two Letters of recommendation/reference from professors or employers (for Masters and Doctorate applicants only). Certain programmes have additional requirements
- Curriculum Vitae–CV (for Masters and Doctorate applicants only)
- Personal Statement (for Masters and Doctorate applicants only)
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Portfolio (for selected programmes of study)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14400 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA9600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14400 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
UNIC awards up to 40 scholarships for the MSc in Digital Currency to students achieving top marks in the final exam. Each scholarship will correspond to a €3,200 award towards the full tuition fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.