About the Nursing (Pre-Registration) Learning Disability course at University of Huddersfield
The course helps you to develop the skills required, in order to become a confident, competent and compassionate nurse in a rapidly changing health and social care environment.
- The course will assist you to develop both practical and theoretical skills, in order to achieve your full potential as a learning disability nurse and meet the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Standards. These include professional values, communication and interpersonal skills, nursing practice and decision making, and leadership, management and team working. Your practice learning will be field specific to meet a wide range of physical, psychological and social needs.
- This challenging and intensive course comprises 50% theory and 50% practice, where you will undertake placements in a range of settings. The course consists of three stages, each comprising of a number of compulsory modules, where you will have the opportunity to study alongside students from the other fields of nursing.
- The University has strong links with NHS Trusts within the West Yorkshire and wider region, as well as private organisations who offer services to people with a learning disability
- You will be taught in innovative and contemporary teaching and learning environments by lecturers who are committed and passionate, as well as practice supervisors and assessors who are research active and have extensive and varied experience in learning disability nursing.
- Student support will be given from personal tutors and year leaders, as well as academic learning support and experienced practice supervisors and assessors.
You will also have the opportunity to develop a high level of personal and technical skills to help improve the quality of life of people with a learning disability and their ability to live as independently as possible. You will study how to work in partnership with service users, their families, carers and other professionals to promote health and wellbeing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Becoming a professional - Learning Disability Nursing
- Learning Disability Nursing
- Understanding knowledge and evidence for nursing
- Nursing Practice stage
- Developing as a professional
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNursing Health Administration Health Sciences View 468 other Masters in Health Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An Honours degree (2:2 or above) and work experience relevant to the programme to be followed. Applicants with an Honours degree and considerable relevant experience may also be considered if they can demonstrate their ability to study at Masters level.
- Completed 12 years of general education.
- If successful at interview, applicants are required to successfully demonstrate that they have completed 550 hours of theory through studying/reading and a minimum of 325 hours of practice before they start the course using a Pre-Entry Portfolio. Students may choose to have either 325 or 700 hours of practice verified in the Pre-Entry Portfolio. A broad range of experience can be used for this including observations and reading.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.