This Future Food Sustainability programme offered by Cranfield University is suitable for graduates from around the world, that are passionate about food production and the sustainability of our food system, and wish to pursue a career in the food sector, at a technical or strategic level. Due to the multidisciplinary nature of the course, we accept candidates from a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds. Whether you studied food science or agriculture, or you are simply looking for a career change, this course has something to offer for everyone that wants to make a difference in the way our food system currently works. If you are not sure if this course is right for you, get in touch with us and together we can explore all available options.
At Cranfield we have a very high employment rate of 92%* for our School, so successful graduates from this course are expected to move swiftly into positions within food businesses, government, NGOs and research companies/institutes to engage in roles involving research, management, governance, communication and social responsibility.
This course is accredited by the Institution of Agricultural Engineers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Sustainability
- Soil Systems
- Agricultural Informatics
- Technologies for seeds and crop protection
- Water and Sustainable Agrifood Systems
- Strategic Foresight
- Food Chain Resilience
- Evaluating Environmental Sustainability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesFood Sciences Agriculture Environmental Sciences View 346 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Candidates must normally possess, or be expected to achieve, a first or second class UK Honours degree in a relevant science or social science-based discipline; or the international equivalent of these UK qualifications. Other relevant qualifications together with industrial experience may be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26580 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26580 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National11910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11910 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
• MSc Part-time £1,855
• PgDip Full-time £9,075
• PgDip Part-time £1,855
• PgCert Full-time £5,225
• PgCert Part-time £1,855
• MSc Part-time £26,580
• PgDip Full-time £21,540
• PgDip Part-time £21,540
• PgCert Full-time £10,740• PgCert Part-time £10,740
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Brian Meredith Net Zero Scholarship
- Environment and Agrifood International Excellence Scholarship
- Environment and Agrifood Net Zero Scholarships
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
- British Council Scholarship for Women in STEM
- The Cranfield Scholarship
- Master's Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Future Finance Student Loans
- Chevening Scholarships
- The Gen Foundation
- Agrifood Charities Partnership
- Delta Foundation Chevening Scholarships Taiwan
- NFU Mutual Charitable Trust Centenary Award
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.