Currently such challenges emerge, for example, in environmental and infectious disease epidemiology, evidence-based medicine and especially in the rapidly expanding fields of genetics and genomics. -
A statistician aiming to be successful at applying methodological developments in the life sciences has to be proficient in a wide variety of modern statistical techniques such as regression of correlated data, treatment of missing values, analysis of longitudinal and event time data, model selection and model validation, to name but a few.
The Master Program in Biostatistics from University of Zurich is a specialized master and is hence open to students with (Bachelor) degrees from different fields with sufficient mathematical and statistical component in the curriculum such as, for example, mathematics, statistics, computer science and physics.
The program provides students with a deeper scientific understanding and the capability to carry out independent scientific work in biostatistics.
Carreer outlooks for biostatisticians are generally excellent, as for statisticians and professionals with quantitative skills in general.
Graduates of the program at University of Zurich will be highly qualified for an occupation at universities or research institutes and in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Health Care Epidemiology
- Statistical Methods in Epidemiology
- Analysis of Longitudinal Data
- R programming
- Methods in Evidence Synthesis
- Good Statistical Practice: Communication Skills
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBioinformatics & Biostatistics View 13 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To apply to the admission committee of the Master Program in Biostatistics at UZH you need to compile the following documents :
- application form
- motivation letter
- complete CV
- complete set of transcripts and diplomas: non-legalized copies are sufficient in the first step
- detailed description of all your undergraduate (and graduate) mathematical classes: not only the title but a least a table of contents, ideally with number of total contact hours and as much information as possible on the grading system for international applicants
- one letter of recommendation
- finance plan (containing costs vs. income, e.g. using budget sheets from Google Docs)
- proof of a sufficient level in English
International1312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 656 EUR per semester
National1312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 656 EUR per semester
- Tuition fee is 720 CHF per semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.