Hone in on critical analytical skills, delve into key issues affecting the current political landscape and hold a lense to the most recent and exciting developments in world politics.
- An approved pathway for ESRC 1+3 PhD studentship funding ?
- Gain invaluable insight from world-renowned academics, political experts and guest speakers including diplomats and government ministers?
- Flexible programme - tailor the course to your career trajectory by performing independent research on any topic of your choice?
- Professional skills development - including advance critical thinking, analytical, debating, communication and time management skills
What you'll study
This International Relations MRes pre-doctoral training programme at Queen Mary University of London is taught in conjunction with the London Interdisciplinary Social Science Doctoral Training Partnership (LISS DTP) and is an approved pathway for ESRC 1+3 PhD studentship funding. This makes the International Relations MRes an ideal springboard for advancement into a research-related role, or to continue on to further study.
This engaging research programme provides a sophisticated theoretical and applied understanding of international relations. It aims to provide you with advanced skills in qualitative and quantitative research methods and delves into specialised topics such as war and security, globalisation and development and US foreign policy.
The programme enables you to develop a set of analytical skills and knowledge that will allow you to think, talk and write critically about contemporary international issues, as well as building a firm foundation for further study.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Social Science Research: Epistemology, Research design, and Qualitative methods
- Social Science Research: Quantitative Methods and Data.
- Globalisation and the International Political Economy of Development
- International Relations of the Middle East
- International Migration Policy
- Latin AMerica in the Modern World
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 536 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queen Mary University of London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in Politics or a related discipline.
International20750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.