The Mental Health, Ethics and Law MSc course at King's College London equips graduates to become leaders in healthcare, mental health law or policy. You will have the unique opportunity to study alongside others from a wide range of academic and professional disciplines at the heart of London’s legal and psychiatric world.
- In-depth and integrated clinical, philosophical and legal analysis of key issues presented in the field of mental health.
- Supported by the UK’s first Centre of Medical Law and Ethics and Europe’s largest centre for research and teaching in psychiatry, psychology and neuroscience: the Institute of Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience.
- The centres are located in central London and maintain close links with national and international policy makers and leading legal, ethical and clinical practitioner communities.
- Mental Health Law: The Civil Context
- Mental Health Ethics
- Concepts of Psychiatry
- Pro-social and Anti-social Behaviour across the Lifespan
- Risk Management, Treatment and Services for Mentally Disordered Persons
- The Concept of Mental Disorder
- Narrative Medicine
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Public Health Public Law View 250 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
- We expect a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. law, medicine, philosophy, psychology, theology, social science, one of the life sciences, or nursing studies) OR a qualification appropriate to the programme in medicine (or international equivalent); or a professional mental health qualification.
- A personal statement is required. This can be entered directly into the online application form (maximum 4,000 characters) or uploaded as an attachment to the online application form (maximum 2 pages).
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago.
- You may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of your application.
International24660 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24660 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11040 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/EU fees: £5,520 per year
- Overseas fees: £12,330 per year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.