The aim of the Renewable Energy and Energy Management degree offered at Ulster University is straightforward, in that it is designed to meet a need for engineers and energy professionals to deliver energy conscious and environmentally sustainable solutions for use by the public, industry, services and government.
It seeks to provide an opportunity for graduates and professionals to acquire knowledge of renewable energy and energy management, and to develop skills appropriate to its practice. To achieve this it seeks to increase capacity for understanding the theoretical concepts and socio-economic principles and techniques upon which renewable energy technologies and energy management strategies are founded. To this end, the course is designed to produce graduates who have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the scientific, technological issues concerning energy systems.Renewable Energy and Energy Management is provided by Ulster University.
The programme seeks to develop graduates who will have the knowledge, insight and skills to lead programmes of change, new design or retrofit solutions that require the deployment of either or both energy efficiency measures and renewable energy technologies.
The eight taught modules are designed to give students a broad expertise in the ever expanding range of Renewable Energy technologies combined with the more fundamental requirements demanded by Energy Management.
Students are encouraged to consider their career development throughout the course. The delivery mode gives the students the chance to obtain an MSc in a modern and relevant subject while still working and gaining experience. This combination has impressed employers and prospective employers. Student feedback states that “the impact of learning this course enabled them to improve their capacity to manage work, personal life and college workload at the same time.”, “Personally I feel more confident speaking with and more understanding about the area of renewable technologies. It has also helped me to improve curricular areas in engineering to introduce renewable technologies.”
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Energy Policy, Markets and Economics
- Current Status of Energy Systems
- Energy Management
- Energy Process in Buildings and Industry
- Green Building, passive/low energy design and energy efficiency
- Wind Energy Conversion Technologies
- Solar Thermal and Photovoltaic Processes and Technologies
- Biomass Process & Technologies
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Energy & Power Engineering View 17 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
- MSc - A postgraduate diploma in a relevant engineering or scentific discipline. In exceptional circumstances, where an individual has substantial and significant working/industrial experience, a portfolio of written evidence may be considered as an alternative entrance route.
- In addition all students must provide evidence of competence in written and spoken English (GCSE grade C or equivalent).
International14480 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14480 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6080 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.