Why specialise in Geo-ecological Dynamics?
Complex geo-ecosystems comprised of landscape, soil, water and biological systems are severely affected by global change and human interaction. Detailed knowledge of geo-ecosystem processes is crucial for understanding our past, current and future environments.
This means incorporating spatial and process studies of the dynamics and properties of landscapes, land use (change), land degradation and desertification, pollution, biogeochemical cycles and eutrophication (e.g. carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus), and climate.In the Earth Sciences - Geo-ecological Dynamics programme of the University of Amsterdam you will learn to apply state-of-the-art methods (including advanced fieldwork, lab methods and geo-computation) to answer the prominent environmental questions we are faced with.
- Vulnerability Assessment of Geo-ecosystems
- Applications in GIS & Remote Sensing
- Biogeochemical cycles
- Environments through Time
- Research Workshop & Skills Lab
- Soil and Landscape Degradation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Ecology View 14 other Masters in Ecology in Netherlands
- Students are eligible to apply if they have a Bachelor's degree in Earth Sciences, or in Future Planet Studies combined with a major in Earth Sciences, or an (international) equivalent. Admission with a Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry or Computer Science is also possible under certain conditions.
- All students go through an admissions procedure in which gaps in the students' knowledge and skills are identified. If necessary, students must be willing to study extracurricular course material, depending on your background, before starting the track.
International16060 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16060 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.