Teach Arizona is a cohort program, which means that all admitted students begin the program together, take coursework together and finish as a group. It is full-time, encompassing a full summer, fall and spring schedule of classes.
The Teaching and Teacher Education program from University of Arizona includes a half-day, full-year student teaching internship. Upon completion of the program, students earn a Master of Education degree in Teaching and Teacher Education and are eligible for Arizona secondary teacher certification (grades 7-12).
The department of Teaching, Learning & Sociocultural Studies (TLS) prepares students to investigate and address a broad range of issues in teaching and learning. Emphasizing a sociocultural perspective, the programs nurture innovative ways of knowing, methods of inquiry, and approaches to problem-solving. Several degree programs are available in these three areas:
- Teaching and Teacher Education
- Language, Reading, and Culture
- Teaching, Learning, and Sociocultural Studies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Tests & Measurements
- Learning Theory in Education
- Special Learning Needs
- Content Area Literacy in a Multicultural School
- Field Experience
- Alternatives in the Secondary Classroom
- Structured English Immersion
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 4083 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited four-year institution. You may also have a graduate degree.
- Strong content background with approximately 24 units in ONE of the approved content areas.
- 3.0 GPA – calculated by use of the undergraduate cumulative GPA (at least 60 semester units at graduating institution) or, if undergraduate GPA is less than a 3.0, the GPA will be calculated on the most recently completed 60 transfer units. No professional program credits will be counted (law, medicine, etc.).
- 3.0 GPA in content area coursework.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.