The MA TESOL programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is suitable for language teachers, teacher trainers, educational materials writers and test designers who wish to further develop their range of professional skills and knowledge.
You will study in a dynamic, international environment with students from around the world and learn from highly experienced academic staff.
Graduates from the MA TESOL programme are well prepared to start or advance their career in the field of English language teaching or any related areas. In China, a postgraduate qualification in TESOL is increasingly sought-after by educational institutions. Graduates may also gain employment in publishing or teaching materials development, and management positions. The programme offers a solid foundation for further study for those interested in pursuing a MPhil, MRes, EdD or PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Linguistics for Language Teachers
- Methods in English Language Teaching
- Principles of Course and Materials Design
- Second Language Acquisition
- Language Testing and Assessment
- Speaking and Listening
Bachelor Degree in english
No teaching experience is required, but some relevant teaching experience level would be an advantage
- UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2020 Shanghai Ranking-75 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark)
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2020 Shanghai ranking-80-85 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark), depending on your undergraduate institution
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
International12321 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18482 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National12321 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18482 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
RMB 120,000 for the entire programme.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
Living costs for Suzhou
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.