The MSc Sustainable Construction programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University gives you advanced knowledge, problem-solving skills, and a comprehensive understanding of civil engineering construction.
During your studies, you will become more aware of the current and future challenges of sustainability strategies and their integration in civil engineering. You will also optimise prospective solutions using emerging science and technologies.The programme includes two semesters of taught modules, assessed by coursework and examination, and followed by a research dissertation in the third semester.
Graduates from this programme are well-prepared for careers in the environmental construction and management sectors, governmental regulatory agencies and environmental consultancies. Our alumni work in positions such as green infrastructure engineer, water resources engineer, construction site engineer, environmental consultant engineer and sustainable technology developer.Some graduates may wish to pursue a PhD degree in the areas that they are passionate about. The MSc Sustainable Construction programme can be used as Further Learning, which is needed for registering as a chartered engineer.
This degree is accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Energy and Environment
- Sustainable Urban Planning Strategies
- Integration of Energy Strategies in the Design of Buildings
- Sustainable Technology and Building Materials
- Sustainable Engineering with Timber
- Advanced Simulation of Sustainable Structural Systems
- Environmental Engineering and Management Practice
- Sustainable Drainage Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Sustainable Development View 11 other Masters in Sustainable Development in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Bachelor Degree in civil engineering or in related field
- UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent
- Top 100 of 2021 Shanghai Ranking or World-class universities or First-class disciplines (MoE, People’s Republic of China): 75 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark)
- Other universities: 80 - 85 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark), depending on your undergraduate institution
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18864 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National12576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18864 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
RMB 120,000 for the entire programme.
Living costs for Suzhou
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.