The MSc Sustainable Construction programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University comprises two semesters of taught modules, assessed by coursework and examination, followed by a research dissertation during your third semester.
During your studies, you will gain a critical awareness of current and future challenges associated with the intervention of sustainability strategies and their integration in the civil engineering sector, as well as prospective solutions from existing and emerging scientific technologies.
Graduates of the MSc Sustainable Construction programme find excellent opportunities in the environmental construction and management sectors, governmental regulatory agencies, sustainable technology specialists, as well as environmental consultants. Graduates of this programme will be equipped to take up professional employment in the civil engineering industry and become lifelong learners, with an appreciation of the value to society of an education in sustainable construction. More specifically, graduates from MSc Sustainable Construction can be employed as green infrastructure engineers, water resources engineers, construction site engineers, environmental consultant engineers and sustainable technology developers.
- Sustainable Technology and Building Materials
- Sustainable Drainage Systems
- Sustainable Energy and Environment
- Integration of Energy Strategies in the Design of Buildings
- Sustainable Engineering with Timber
- Advanced Simulation of Sustainable Structural Systems
- Environmental Engineering and Management Practice
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
More informationGo to the programme website
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Sustainable Development View 11 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in China
- Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2018 Shanghai Ranking--75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2018 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85% percent or above, depending on your Undergraduate institution
Note: Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
- Equivalent academic qualifications
International8640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12960 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National8640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12960 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
RMB 90,000 for the entire programme.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 percent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.