The MSc Sustainable Construction programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University comprises two semesters of taught modules, assessed by coursework and examination, followed by a research dissertation during your third semester.
During your studies, you will gain a critical awareness of current and future challenges associated with the intervention of sustainability strategies and their integration in the civil engineering sector, as well as prospective solutions from existing and emerging scientific technologies.
Graduates from this MSc Sustainable Construction programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University are well prepared for careers in the environmental construction and management sectors, governmental regulatory agencies and environmental consultancies. Graduates go on to find employment in positions such as green infrastructure engineer, water resources engineer, construction site engineer, environmental consultant engineer and sustainable technology developer.
The MSc Sustainable Construction programme can be used as Further Learning, the final element of the educational base for being a chartered engineer (CEng).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Technology and Building Materials
- Sustainable Drainage Systems
- Sustainable Energy and Environment
- Integration of Energy Strategies in the Design of Buildings
- Sustainable Engineering with Timber
- Advanced Simulation of Sustainable Structural Systems
- Environmental Engineering and Management Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, National
- For Mainland China applicants: 30 June
- For international applicants and applicants from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: 15 June
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Sustainable Development View 11 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai Ranking--75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85% percent or above, depending on your Undergraduate institution
Note: Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
- Equivalent academic qualifications
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12770 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National8513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12770 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
RMB 90,000 for the entire programme.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 percent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.