The Forensic Medical Sciences programme’s five modules will provide theoretical and practical knowledge of the forensic medical sciences, and will train students to be able to critically evaluate and interpret forensic medical and scientific evidence.
- Cutting-edge programme – including theory and a focus on developing critical thinking and analytical skills
- Enjoy practical learning with visits to mortuaries and attendance to court hearings
- Learn from experienced staff with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research in forensic medicine
- Further your career prospects within your own professional specialty
What you'll study
You will gain a broad understanding of the related disciplines of science and forensics, and cover a wide range of specialist topics, coupled with the opportunity to carry out research in a specialist area.
You will be trained to critically evaluate and interpret forensic medical and scientific evidence. You will study forensic pathology and visit mortuaries to observe autopsies, attend court hearings and gain knowledge of how injuries are interpreted and how cases are prepared for court. In clinical forensic medicine you will study the role of different forensic experts in assessing persons in custody, assault victims, assessing torture victims, etc.
Other areas which are covered include drugs, alcohol and their misuse, and how these substances are detected and quantified. You will also study the various methods that deceased and living persons can be identified both in single cases and in mass disasters, including by DNA, dental and other methods. The Forensic Medical Sciences programme is offered at Queen Mary University of London.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Clinical aspects of forensic medicine
- Forensic pathology
- Legal and Ethical Issues Relevant to Forensic Medicine and Science
- Forensic toxicology
- Laboratory Project
- Forensic Human Identification
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Forensic Science View 113 other Masters in Forensic Science in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 or above at undergraduate level in a Life Sciences subject.
International23950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.