Pharmacology is the science concerned with all aspects of the action of drugs and other chemicals on living systems. Its primary aim is the discovery of chemical mechanisms, by which cellular and molecular functions are regulated for the purpose of understanding how existing drugs act and to develop new drugs for treatment and diagnosis of diseases. The broad scope of interests of pharmacology ranges from the study of intermolecular reactions of chemical constituents of cells with drugs to effects of chemicals in our environment on entire populations.
In addition to courses in pharmacology, the student of the Medical Pharmacology program from University of Arizona may add courses in a variety of disciplines such as cancer biology, cell biology, biochemistry, neuroscience, physiology, immunology, medicinal chemistry, law and business.
Each student will have the opportunity in their first year to obtain first-hand research experience in at least three laboratories of their choosing. This exposure will form the basis upon which the student will choose a mentor and an area of research for the their thesis research project.
Professional pharmacologists tend toward careers in basic reearch and teaching in academia, research in pharmaceutical or biotech companies, research institues or government agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pharmacology: General Principles
- Endocrine & Immune System Drugs
- Cardio, Pulmonary, GI & CNS Drugs
- Med Pharm
- Directed Research
- Critical Literature Review
- Research Seminar
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Pharmacy Pharmacology View 727 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Entering students will perform three laboratory rotations with faculty in any of the participating graduate programs. This provides maximum flexibility for students to explore various fields of study. At the end of the third rotation, students join a lab (accepting students) and matriculate into that lab. Students with identified goals can focus immediately on a particular research area.
- GPA: 3.0
- Individual departments may require higher scores than the Graduate College and all tests must be dated within 2 years of the enrollment term to be considered valid. The University of Arizona's institution code for sending official electronic score reports from ETS is 4832.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International56056 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56056 USD per year during 12 months.
National56056 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56056 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State35922 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35922 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.