Students in the Latin American Studies at University of Arizona select a primary field of concentration and complete 12 graduate units in this field including at least one research seminar."The fields of study available for areas of primary concentration include the thematic areas of Borders of the Americas, Environment and Development, History and Culture, and Power and Inequality, as well as regional studies focusing on Mexico, Central America or Brazil.
Disciplinary areas available for primary areas of concentration are Anthropology, Geography and Regional Development, History, and Latin American Literature (Spanish and Portuguese).
Students also choose a secondary area of concentration, requiring nine graduate units."The secondary area can have a thematic or regional focus or can be selected from one of the disciplinary areas listed above in addition to Art History, Journalism, Language, Reading and Culture, Political Science, and Women's Studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureMajor Description
- Latin American Studies hosts an outstanding interdisciplinary faculty with particular regional strengths in Mexico, Central America and Brazil, and in thematic areas focusing on Borders of the Americas and Immigration, Environment and Development, History and Culture, and Power and Inequality.
- The program is administered by the Center for Latin American Studies, which coordinates a broad range of instructional, research and outreach activities relating to Latin America.
- The Center offers Dual Degree programs with Law (J.D.), Public Administration (M.P.A.), Public Health (M.P.H.) and Journalism (M.A.).
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages View 864 other Masters in Languages in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2 letters of recommendation (submit through online application)
- 1 Statement of purpose (Two pages; submit through online application)
- 1 Resume or curriculum vitae (submit through online application)
- Transcripts: mail Official Transcripts directly to the center
- For more detailed information please refer to Language Requirements and Admission Requirements described above
- If you have a special case or need, please don't hesitate to contact the Graduate Program Coordinator or the Director of Graduate Studies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.