What you'll study
This Dental Technology MSc programme offered at Queen Mary University of London will give you an in-depth knowledge of dental technology, CAD-CAM, implantology, occlusion, aesthetics and materials. You’ll be taught by our clinical consultants, chief technicians and dental/biomaterials experts in the Institute of Dentistry.
You’ll be taught alongside our clinical postgraduate students, giving you an opportunity to benefit from an exchange of ideas and practice.
You’ll also gain hands-on practical experience by attending implantology clinics and in your technical practice sessions.
You’ll work on research under a supervisor and undertake a laboratory-based project in the final module of the programme. The research skills you gain on this course will give you a firm foundation for a PhD or a career in industry.
Intercalating BDS Dentistry students are also welcome to apply to this programme.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Properties of Dental Materials/Processing Methods II
- Advanced Technical Practice
- Properties of Dental Materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDentistry Biotechnology View 125 other Masters in Biotechnology in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 or above at undergraduate level in a relevant subject such as Medicine, Dentistry, Dental Technology, Chemistry or Biology.
- A dental technology foundation degree with two years' post-initial qualification experience may also be considered.
For intercalating BDS Dentistry students:
- Successfully completed at least three years (360 credits) of the BDS or equivalent dental course (for clinically based masters this must include the equivalent of one year of patient based teaching (in hospital/dental practices/clinics))
- Passed BDS year 3 or 4 exams immediately prior to entry at the first opportunity
- Demonstrate a clear and unequivocal interest in the field by written application and/or interview
International26250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.