What you'll study
This Cancer and Therapeutics Online PGDip offered at Queen Mary University of London gives you a thorough grounding in the scientific principles underlying cancer treatment.
You’ll discover how new treatments are developed, evaluated and implemented. By the end of the course, you’ll be equipped with a thorough knowledge of cancer biology and pathology, research methodologies, drug development, and regulatory issues.
You’ll have a firm grounding in the use and evaluation of cancer therapies, which will enhance your career prospects in many areas of cancer research, including early phase clinical trials.
This programme is delivered by the Barts Cancer Institute, a Cancer Research UK centre of excellence and part of the Cancer Research UK City of London Centre.
You’ll leave this programme with the clinical skills and experience necessary to pursue further academic research at MSc level.
This programme also provides a strong foundation if you want to work in the pharmaceutical industry, associated health professions, medicine or in clinical trials.
- Research Methods
- Cancer Biology
- Cancer Pharmacology
- Molecular Diagnostics & Therapeutics
- Molecular Targeted Therapies and Immunotherapy for Blood Cancers
- Drug Development
- Cancer Prevention & Screening
- 9 months
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 270 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in a relevant subject such as Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacology, Medicine from a recognised academic institution.
- Applicants with a 2:2 degree will be considered on an individual basis.
- The programme is open to graduate scientists, clinicians and other medical professionals working in healthcare, the pharmaceutical industry or contract research organisations.
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 9 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 9 months.
- UK: £3,750
- International: £8,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.