The Automotive Engineering program offered by University of Huddersfield is designed to satisfy the needs of graduate mechanical engineers, or graduates with an appropriate scientific background, who wish to redirect their careers towards automotive engineering and automotive system design. In doing so we focus engineering science competence towards its application within the automotive arena and provide a detailed knowledge of the operational needs of a land vehicle.
The main aims of the course are:
- extend current engineering knowledge towards their application within aspects of automotive science and the design of a modern land vehicle sub-system.
- develop the social awareness and responsibilities of the engineer in society.
- provide the opportunity to develop research competence and apply individual and independent thought to the understanding or solution to a problem through an advanced directed research project.
- provide the opportunity to apply high-level analytical software towards the design and packaging of complex assemblies.
Previous graduates from courses in this subject area have gone on to work in a variety of roles such as program quality engineer, mechanical design engineer, research engineer and vehicle durability engineer in organisations including Faurecia, Applied Photonics Ltd, Jaguar Land Rover and Millbrook Proving Ground Ltd.
93.8% of graduates from courses in this subject area go on to work and/or further study within six months of graduating
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Automotive Chassis Systems
- Vehicle Dynamic Performance Evaluation
- Applied Computer Aided Design
- Advanced Static Analysis
- Advanced Dynamic Analysis
- Total Quality Engineering
- Vehicle Aerodynamics and Air Management
- Professional Development and Research Methods
- Individual Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering View 47 other Masters in Automotive Engineering in United Kingdom
Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Systems or a closely related science subject area or an equivalent professional qualification.
- You are encouraged to apply if you have other qualifications and/or experience and can demonstrate that you are equipped with knowledge and skills equivalent to Honours degree level.
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.