The University of Exeter's MBA prepares you for a wide range of careers, in the past our graduates have gone on to find employment in management and technology consultancy, business development and leadership roles for those with significant work experience.
The Exeter Master of Business Administration at The University of Exeter is built around the latest thinking and techniques from a wide range of management disciplines. A solid grounding in core business disciplines is acquired through our core modules while elective specialist modules enable you to specialise in your area of interest and tailor the programme to your career needs. The programme culminates with our Exeter MBA in-company, consultancy project.
Study trips, company visits, group challenges and simulations complement lectures and seminars led by professionals and academics specialists in their field. A range of extra-curricular activities, such as our guest speakers programme and MBA workshops delivered by our corporate partners run throughout the duration of the programme to complement your learning and provide opportunities to further build your skills, knowledge and understanding.Induction and Pre-Sessional programmes
Specially designed for participants taking a career break after a period of time away from the world of study, our induction programme is designed to support your return to education through workshops and team building activities. In addition, and following feedback from our students, we are offering you the opportunity to take the fear out of accounting, finance and economics by opting in for our week long, extended pre-sessional programme for MBA students with no background in economics, finance and accounting.
The MBA students have a dedicated Careers Consultant who runs workshops and a one-to-one advisory service on CV development, interview skills, career planning and how to negotiate on job offers. Tailored to individual requirements and needs, coaching is available to all students and provides a confidential and objective environment for students to explore and develop ideas and opportunities.
There are a mix of interactive and written resources relating to career planning, CV and cover letter writing, effective networking, interview preparation and working with recruiters. Head-hunter agencies are also invited to present to the MBA cohort on CV and interview techniques and mock interviews are run by alumni, corporate partners and careers agencies. Learning Resources
The University Library maintains its principal collections in the main library buildings on the Streatham and St Luke's campuses, together with a number of specialist collections in certain Colleges. The total Library collection comprises over a million volumes and 3000 current periodical subscriptions.
The MBA Office also keeps the latest editions of the Economist, Management Today, Entrepreneurship and the Professional Manager available to students. The library provides an extensive range of full-text electronic journals (e.g. EBSCO) which can be searched from on and off-campus.
Accreditations and rankings
- Accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- Accredited by EQUIS, the world leading international accreditation for business schools
- PRME member - the Business School is part of the Principles for Responsible Management Education initiative whose mission is to inspire and champion responsible management education, research and thought leadership globally
- ABIS member: a unique alliance of companies, business schools and academic institutions, committed to integrating business in society issues into the heart of management theory and practice. Our membership ensures we are part of international research, debate and discussion relating to ABIS four key areas of expertise: Sustainability, change and innovation; purpose ethics and leadership; strategic management and economics and corporate and public governance
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- MBA Foundation Programme
- Preparing for Change
- Integrated Accounting
- Finance and Responsible Investment
- Marketing and Customer Engagement
- Economics for Managers
- Managing Strategic Resources and Operations
- Personal Transformations
- Strategic and Responsbile Innovation
- Emerging Business Models
- Igniting Change in Business
- The Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Practical Insights into Data and Anatytics
- MBA Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 322 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Non-academic achievements are taken into consideration, therefore applicants with one or more of the following skills and experience are welcome and encouraged to submit an application:
- Mature managers with extensive work experience.
- Extensive experience of technical or specialist work.
- Professionals planning career changes or returning to employment after a break from work.
- Professionals seeking to develop skills for broader management roles.
- We also require two references (ideally including one from your last university) and a personal statement explaining why you are interested in an MBA at Exeter.
Admission to the MBA programme is usually dependent upon a good first degree and a minimum of three years' managerial experience. Many applicants find that they possess extensive work experience, eg. eight years or more, or have attained a professional qualification but not completed formal degrees.
International30000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA30000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
MBA scholarships of up to £25,000 are available. For more information, please check the programme website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.